Please note that because of the ongoing pandemic, all volunteers for the Friends must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
On the Second Saturday of each month, Friends volunteer at the Park to:
- Greet park visitors
- Provide a map of Park trails
- Make sure hikers have water
- Check that dogs are on leashes
- Answer any questions about the Park
- Pick up trash
- Walk the trails and pick up trash
- Trash bags, gloves, and pick-up tools are provided
- Assist park visitors with information along the way
- We normally have two shifts (6:30-8:30 AM and 8:45-10:45 AM) at the Main Gate.
- Volunteers meet for a brief information and safety training session
at the Euro Café (Mills and Baseline)
– at 6:15 for the 6:30–8:30 shift
– at 8:30 for the 8:45–10:45 shift
Volunteers then carpool to the Park entrance.
Volunteers will receive a FREE T-SHIRT on the second day they volunteer!
You must be fully vaccinated to participate. A limited carpool will be available from the Vons parking lot or you can meet us up at the park.
To sign up for Second Saturday or for more information, please Contact:
Vicki Salazar, Friends of the Wilderness Park Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact us at email@example.com